Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gentlemen,

Were there different hood latches for 69. I have two and the "latch release lever" is not the same for each. The catch, etc. for each appears to be the same. Could not find a part 3 on either nor could I find any pictures of the actual latch release, just the catch area.

Also, were all 69 radiators made at Harrisons in Lockport, NY?

Thanks, as usual, you guys help tremendously......

Doug

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information. I will take a picture of it this evening and post. Does anyone have a picture of the lever part at the grill? I have looked at several pictures and cannot find one that shows the lever, it would need to be a specific angle.

Thanks Kurt regarding the radiator ? I grew up about 15 minutes from Harrisons and find it ironic that I am now in need of a radiator built there. (I now live in Maryland). It appears that my radiator must be an aftermarket. here goes more big money........

Doug

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I thought.

However, the one that was on the car, did not fit correctly at the radiator support. Upon closer inspection, it appears that this latch was bent. Of course I discover this after having it powder coated. FYI, it was difficult to tell because the bend was where the catch attached to the rad support. I bought the car years ago with many parts thrown in the trunk. Should have checked this earlier. Anyway, I bought one on epay, advertised as an original 69 camaro latch. It fits fine and the catch area is the same as the one that came with the car. The difference is the latch. It appears to be slightly larger/thicker with a different angle. I did not pay much for it, but I don't want to pay to have another coated and find out it is not correct. I am going to stop home and take a pic of it for you guys as I am sure you all have much more experience with this.

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts