Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone used Hooker 2.125" big block headers with a Milodon low profile or road race pan (30950, 31505) in a first gen car?

I want to confirm that: a) they fit with the pan kickouts, and b) there aren't any other fit issues I missed.

I'm prepping an LS6 and want to make sure before I drop the $$$ on either item.

Thanks!

-Louie

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update: the BBC is now in the car. The headers (Hooker 2285-1) and oil pan (Milodon 31555) required extensive modification in order to work together. I had to:

1. Modify the front of the passenger side sump to clear the tie rod end.
2. Remove approximately 1.5" from the driver's side sump to clear the primary tubes.
3. Rotate and raise the #5 primary tube to clear the power steering lines on the gear box.
4. Relieve the firewall behind the relocated #5 tube.

I'll post some pictures that detail the modifications.

-Louie

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Wait until you go to change the oil. I put a thread on tips changing oil with super comp headers one thing I did not mention was the kickout oil pan. People said they wrap the headers in foil or plastic but with the kickout pan it wont work . I use a funnel that fits over the filter punch a hole with a screwdriver let the oil drain and put a ziplock over the filter drop it in ziploc and remove. The filter will not drop down without being tipped sideways. The tie rod on mine hit but I was able to adjust it out by changing both sides adjustments. I just used header jackets to wrap headers boy was that fun!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Wait until you go to change the oil. I put a thread on tips changing oil with super comp headers one thing I did not mention was the kickout oil pan. People said they wrap the headers in foil or plastic but with the kickout pan it wont work . I use a funnel that fits over the filter punch a hole with a screwdriver let the oil drain and put a ziplock over the filter drop it in ziploc and remove. The filter will not drop down without being tipped sideways. The tie rod on mine hit but I was able to adjust it out by changing both sides adjustments. I just used header jackets to wrap headers boy was that fun!
Thats good info but what works even better then that is to by the 1-system oil filter kit..
http://www.jegs.com/p/System-1/System-1-Reusable-Oil-Filters/745625/10002/-1

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this thread when you 1st posted. Once upon a time I had a 427 in my 67 with those headers and that pan. I had to do the same mods to make it all work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts