Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the supplied exhaust manifold gasket that comes with a new set of Hooker headers?? Looks kinda cheap. I was wondering if I should just buy a new set of Felpro's?? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,519 Posts
Always had good results with Mr. Gasket Ultra's.
Might take a file and smooth the head side to lay flat against the head to seal better.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
try Remflex gaskets...a little expensive, but they are easily the best out there...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm with Everett's recommendation. I like the Mr. Gasket Ultra-seals. They are usually in stock at Kragen's/O'Rielly. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies. Should I just trash the Hooker supplied gaskets then ??

·
Registered
440 Posts
try Remflex gaskets...a little expensive, but they are easily the best out there...
Where can you buy these header gaskets. I am having the WORST time with the drivers side (of course) on a 69 BB with PS. I sent the header to a machine shop to have the flanges welded and remachined where Hooker ground them off uneven. I even tried 2 gaskets and still have a small leak. Thanks

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
bought mine online, also earls makes a pressure master seal that uses a soft replaceable seal in an aluminum flange, had good luck with those as well. something i saw the other day, is new and i have no experience with, dei makes a paste for turbo flanges that they say will seal a .050 gap after curing under boost pressure. curious if it would work okay for header seal.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies. Should I just trash the Hooker supplied gaskets then ??
Actually before you trash anything - I only use the Hooker gaskets and never had a problem. Overlay your Hooker gaskets on the header flange - it should a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tom, I will try it.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Where can you buy these header gaskets. I am having the WORST time with the drivers side (of course) on a 69 BB with PS. I sent the header to a machine shop to have the flanges welded and remachined where Hooker ground them off uneven. I even tried 2 gaskets and still have a small leak. Thanks
I htink the only place that you can buy them is direct, via their website...

http://catalog.remflex.com/

Solved all of my leaking problems...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts