Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I am still rebuilding my 67' RS. Ran into a problem today while installing the exhaust pipes. The Hooker headers (full length) ride close to the floor board at the collection pipe on the passenger side. When I try and install the 3"-2.5" reducer to the collection pipe it hits the transmission cross support. It needs to drop about 1" to accommodate the reducer and clamp.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions how to fix it? I'm guessing a torch and something to bend it??

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
What transmission/cross member you using? What# Hooker?

·
14,082 Posts
Check the tranny mount.

·
Registered
157 Posts
mine does the same thing hooker comps I have herd alot of people with this problem I think it is a problem with the header I just heated mine up and bent it down

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the hooker 2451 hkr full length headers. The transmission is a manual with the stock cross support.

How hard is it to heat up and bend the header? Is there a proper way to do it? Where is the best placed to heat?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
67-396sbc, How did you heat and bend yours? Did you leave it on the car? What part did you heat? Only need to drop it about an inch.

Thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
I heated mine just before the collector were all the pipes are together on the car be careful I removed the starter and moved the wires so I didnt melt anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts