Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Bought a car that has a heater but nothing is hooked up. Trying to figure out where the cables go, cant tell from the AIM. Can some one tell me? Also, using the original controller that has ac, this will work without the ac right? One more qustion, where do the dash vents hook to there is no duct and I can't tell where to connect. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Need some help. Bought a car that has a heater but nothing is hooked up. Trying to figure out where the cables go, cant tell from the AIM. Can some one tell me? Also, using the original controller that has ac, this will work without the ac right? One more qustion, where do the dash vents hook to there is no duct and I can't tell where to connect. Thanks for the help.

ok on a 68 the cables that are attached to the controller go to the top of the heater box under the dash, i dont think the ac will be a problem. the dash vents are hook up to the defroster plate behind the radio with coiled hoses hope this helps

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
If the heater hoses are not hooked up you car bet there is a leak in the heater core. Better check it out because you don't want anti-freeze inside your car.

Roger

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
The other thing If the heater has been replaced and still doesnt work right....easiest way to explain this...cables hooked up right but air goes to wrong places and weird.
When they put the heat box back together the assembled the flaps inside in the wrong order and one stops the other from opening closeing correct.
With stuff like this its usually quick less stressful to pull the heat box out, check the exchanger....check the solderjoints around the inlet out let...flap open close by moving the levers ..bench test , then put back in.
Not only is this less stresful but you now know what the hang in inside there for the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts