Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 275/60-15 and has another question.

I have a manual valvebody th350, 4:10 rear end and start my burnout in 3rd,6000 rpm, count 1,2,3 and let off.

I have 30 passes on them now and it's time to change, maybe they can take 10 more passes but I don't wanna risk anything.

How long is normal tire life?
Do I spin them too fast?Too high gear?
I would have expected at least 60-70 passes before these I had the M/T et street radials 275/60-15. I'm not sure if they lasted longer because I used just a 1st gear burnout and did not do so many passes per season.

The Hoosiers sure are momparable to the M/Ts and hav the advantage of less weight and wider thread width.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bill,

This is what I've "heard".....no data to back it up. In the size 276x60x15.

Goodyear drag radials hook the best.
Hoosier 2nd best
M/T third best

That said, I sure haven't seen either the Hoosier or the Goodyear make any inroads into M/T's sales....at least not among the folks I race with.

Ron

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. If I can't get my car to handle better at the track, I may end up going back to a radial. The Hoosiers have less groves than the Mickeys or Goodyears which may stick slightly better? Also they have more tread in the same sizes as the others. Just curious. Bill.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Bill,

This is what I've "heard".....no data to back it up. In the size 276x60x15.

Goodyear drag radials hook the best.
Hoosier 2nd best
M/T third best

That said, I sure haven't seen either the Hoosier or the Goodyear make any inroads into M/T's sales....at least not among the folks I race with.

Ron
Ron, your talking about drag radial slicks I think? At least as far as street (DOT legal) drag radials, I don't think anyone touches M/T.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ron, your talking about drag radial slicks I think? At least as far as street (DOT legal) drag radials, I don't think anyone touches M/T.

Actually, I got it wrong, but the discussion was about drag radials.

Here is the tail end of the discussion.

"yes testing the two tires would be fun, I was down doing tires in bakerfield last summer and some of the racers were doing that. The good years produced the quickest times and second was the M and H's, M/T was third and hoosier was close to them. The M and H tire was really great tire, just not too many people know of it. We have sold some here lately and everyone was very pleased."

I don't know the author personally, but this thread took place in our heads up forum.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts