Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1996 Chevy Camaro Z28 and the security light is on. The horn wasn't working either but I put in a fuse under the hood. Now the horn works but sometimes the horn will go off for no reason and won't turn off, sound just like someone is holding the horn down and not letting off. I'm thinking this has something to do with the security light being on because the previous owner said they had to bypass the security system in the Car. I need the horn to work normally to have the car pass inspection. Just wanting the horn to quit going off randomly, I don't care about the light. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Did you inspect the horn assembly in the steering column? Might want to get a diagram and check the order in which its put together. Easy to get those things confused. Also check the condition of the metal contact flat spring. Not really a spring, just a metal disc.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Is it a factory alarm system or aftermarket If it is aftermarket just get rid of it and your problem will most likely go away. Aftermarket alarms are only as good as the quality of the alarm and the man that is wiring it into your harness. there is the right way and the wrong way there are also a ton of shortcuts. it has been our experience with VATS system problems mostly occur with poorly wired and inexpensive aftermarket alarms. Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts