Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have in front of me a Zip horn rebuild kit. I have two horns that are not currently working. I have heard nothing positive about the rebuild.. so I am debating going through with it.. as my horns look great as is.

Anyone out there have a success story? I am trying the liquid wrench thing.. and if that doesn't work.. I may have to go buy some new ones and hide them somewhere.

·
11,293 Posts
Craig, I too have the rebuild kit, but have not done it yet. A freind did it and the horns make a sound, but kinda weak. He did not follow the instructions on the web site. Did you print out a set of instructions? Cause the kits do not include it.

Kevin

P.S. I was checking out your new photos and have a question. Is the hard vacuum line to carb correct? Mine routes under the PCV hose and the clip is under the forward intake bolt, not the rear one. Mine fit perfectly in that location. Other than that... Great looking Camaro!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin,

I printed out the instructions somewhere.. but I can't seem to find them.. I went to look for them on the zip website.. and they seem to be gone.

Techically speaking, the vaccuum advance line is not "politically correct", as it is stainless steel.. I do believe that the hard line is correct as I installed mine based on the assembly manual (which does not necessarily make it correct..). It states that the hard line is installed per the L35 engine option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts