Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my relay wiries were cut when i got my 68 camaro, and the book i have doesnt have it in its wiring dieagrams, i can match up all the weires comeing of the relay but 2, the large red wire, and the large black that truns in to a smaller red one,(factory splice) on the black one,

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
If you look at the front side of the relay (not the back side where the attaching screw tab is), the two screw connections will be on the right side, with the plug-in connectors on the left. The screw connector on the far right takes the 16 ga. black wire which then splices to become a 12 ga. red wire and goes to the dash panel junction block connector (it goes inside as the main hot feed to the car, through the ignition switch). The second screw connector from the right takes the 10 ga. red wire which splices before it gets to the voltage regulator and becomes a 10 ga. red wire to the junction block near the battery (main power feed to the entire electrical system), a 10 ga. orange wire to the alternator threaded terminal (charging feed), and splices again to become a 20 ga. orange wire to the regulator connector for voltage sensing.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 2 of 2 Posts