Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confused as to how to properly wire horn relay. I've already melted the pink/black key buzzer wire in the steering column!! Fortunately I had a spare column harness.

There are three terminals on the bottom of the relay. Two of the terminals read 12 volts with key off. I believe the horns (dark green) should be on a hot terminal. But what about pink/black and the black wires.

Could someone please explain?

tia
Giff

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
Try looking thru the tech articles on this site, the guy really knows his chev. wiring.

Mad Electric site

The following link goes direct to Chev. wiring.
up front wires on Mad Elec. site

That gives you a good idea of the concept behind the original wiring. Here is a pic of the master wire routing from the AIM book which you should have for its great info. Blow up the photo a little and it shows the horn relay and wires as they should be.

[ 07-30-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: click ]

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Check your email, I sent you a couple of close up pics of my 68 horn relay wiring.

Hope this helps...Jeff

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Check your email, I sent you a couple of close up pics of my 68 horn relay wiring.

Hope this helps...Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
There are three plug-in terminals on the bottom of the horn relay; two next to each other, and one by itself. The one by itself (inboard as mounted in the car) is for the black/pink wire (key buzzer). For the two together, the one closest to the rad support is for the black wire (horn ground from the horn button), and the rearward one is for the green wire (12V to horns).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts