Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I bought two new horns because there was none when I bought the car then I put them in and they arent getting any juice. I track the dead end to the steering coloumn and take the wheel all apart and I cant see how in the world they would ever work.. nothing contacts the end of the wire in there it looks like to me. so I temporary hook it up with aligator clamps and all I get is the horn relay to buzz. ???? I have not bought the 69 factory assembly manual yet and the chiltons blows goats. I dont know what to do

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
hmmmmm, start at the middle and work both ways. Horn Relay. Little box on drivers side of rad support, near regulator. I't used as a junction block, too, so there's lots of wires. Basically 3 terminals. One is hot from horn fuse in fuseblock. one goes to horns. The third goes to the steering column, and energizes the relay when grounded. So, if you take off the wire that goes to the horns, and touch it to the terminal with lots of wires, it should honk. (if it don't the horns or wiiring to them is bad.) If you put it back on, and use your jumper wire to ground the terminal with only one small wire , it should honk. (if it did before and don't now, the relay is bad.) If both tests honk, there is a problem with the horn button or wiring leading to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts