Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen it's that time of the year again... HAN 2013! :hurray:
Thought I would get this going and see who's in? The car will be there but she's not ready. She's driveable though. Not building a show car anyway. :) Too much going on this past year with infertility and the family thing. Spent a lot of money with no results. :sad:
Anyhoo, on to some happier news. Who's in? The regulars of course?
Lunch meeting?
Not even going to bring it up John! ;)
I still have some phone numbers and will use them if need be! l:)
We'll be up there early Thursday morning and will be attending the Reno Aces baseball game that night.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm coming up Tues night and leaving Sat AM. I'm staying at Silver Legacy.
Silver Legacy? Imagine that Dayton! :)
Looking forward to seeing your car again. Enjoy the ride through the canyons!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep waiting for another Team Camaro HAN gathering at John's Donner Lake cabin. He seems to have lots of excuses for this event not happening.:D
I said nothing! l:)

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I'm coming up Tues night and leaving Sat AM. I'm staying at Silver Legacy.
Ahhhh- switching things up this year are we :p

I keep waiting for another Team Camaro HAN gathering at John's Donner Lake cabin. He seems to have lots of excuses for this event not happening.:D
Okay :eek:
It'll happen again, I hereby promise :thumbsup:
Actually, I'm up here (Donner) right now :yes:
Celebrating wife's 60th and DIL's birthdays :disco:
But ... I'll be going home before HAN again this year due to construction project timing :(
So no party this year ... Again ... :sad:

I need to get something finished to actually drive too :yes:
There's six Chevys sitting in the driveway here right now and not one of them could do the cruise :noway:

I'll get an early look at the calendar for 2014 and see if I can't get the party going again :beers:
Neither one of us is getting any younger Dayton, so I know I need to hurry this up :D

Have fun up there, if I manage to get up for a day or so I'll look you up.
You should be somewhere on the east side of the Legacy in the shade right :waving:

ps: was that enough smilies ...

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Were coming up this year, but not bringing the car. Will be there Thursday and leaving on Sunday. We are staying at the Peppermill.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were coming up this year, but not bringing the car. Will be there Thursday and leaving on Sunday. We are staying at the Peppermill.
Excuse me? No car? Why the sad news?
I have your number and I'll be in touch.

Man, I'd like to make the trip. Maybe in a year or two. I'd love to take a couple weeks and travel cross country with the wife.
When I saw that you posted, I was hoping to see you make it! :) It would be nice to meet up at HAN. Give me a little more time to work on the car to keep up with you!

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
As of right now, I will only be up there for the kickoff weekend in Tahoe. It's been a few years since I have been up there with a car. If anyone is going to be in Tahoe the 2nd and/or 3rd let me know.
Royce - I will be up there August 2nd through the 7th. I'll be staying at my son's place in Tahoe City. We need to get together while we are there. :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Steve,

That sounds good. I will PM you my number. We are driving up in the Buick on the morning of the 2nd.
Looking forward to seeing the Buick in person. :beers:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My first time at HAN, I'll be there on the 7-8 staying with my bro outside town. He's got everything planned out, I'm along for the ride no car just looking.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I'm coming next year and hauling my car on a trailer. Any recommendations for accomidations?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I'm coming next year and hauling my car on a trailer. Any recommendations for accomidations?
Both the Silver Legacy (for downtown cruise location) and the Atlantis (little further down Virginia but excellent cruise and park location are good choices and used by fellow TCer's.
Both have dedicated/guarded* trailer/transport parking areas for registered guest HAN-participants.
There are also lots of other sites in both Reno and Sparks to stay, but they have varied access and parking for guest trailers so you'd have to inquire what they offer.
It's never to early to check into availability during HAN dates ...

Hopefully some who frequent these locations can chime-in with particulars for each site.

* = you want to be sure to have good Secure parking for both your vehicle and transporter - while problems are semi-rare, they do happen with each show ... the more remote (and unguarded) your stuff the more you may need to check/worry about this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts