Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have had cartoon art drawn in the past - not hot rod stuff, but other. I used one of the cartoonists that does kids birthday parties. If you look in your yellow pages - they are listed there under birthday parties. Provide a photo of a car and what you want it to say and they can do their magic.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i did this one for a buddy's upholstery shop t shirts .I haven't done much in a while but i'm kinda gettin' the bug to start sketching again . p.m. me .

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
why is it that we, as car guys, like looking at drawings like this..

but as soon as someone puts 24" wheels on something for real, we spend 4 pages on here stating how ugly it looks?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Because 24's are worthless,don't hook up and are the symbols of "thug life" posers. Art is creative and takes skill, time and patience. Any moron can buy jeans 5 sizes too large,turn their hat sideways and act like an illiterate moron.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey just my .02 The whole thing is way out of control with the bling,grilz, and the idiocy of "yo, look what I got. 5 Hummers with 22's, gold chains, platinum teeth, rims covered with gems,biches and ho's. Look at me. Look what I got. You wanna be me. Gimmie respect for being a flashy,brainless moron. You want respect? Earn it like everyone else. **note** Individual opinions may vary, these opinions are not those of Team Camaro, their sponsors and vendors,or the management-just an angry American.**

·
Registered
633 Posts
LMAO - I love it :D

I totally agree and so do probably 98.9% of the rest of the guys here. That's why we'd prefer to be in overalls, on a piece of card board under our 40 y/o beauties bustin knuckles!!! ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
so true....sorry about the rant(and the thread hijack),but it had to be said.And I made sure to put a disclaimer at the end(that Bonzo guy is tough;))
All this art is cool.....makes me want to breakout the colored pencils again

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a firefighter in Houston, Texas. To my knowledge, there are no organized fire department car clubs anywhere in the U.S. There are numerous motorcycle clubs but zero car clubs. I estimate that the HFD has approximately 400 members who own cars, trucks, antique fire trucks, etc., and far more when you add the retirees. I've made contact with about 50 of these people and all are interested in organizing a club and the word is spreading "LIKE FIRE!" Sorry......I couldn't resist that one.

Anyway, my idea for a club logo is, of course, an old hot rod fire truck. I like the old school hot rod art like the "Rat Fink" and the big motor hot rod with the wild looking, bug eyed mad man and the long handled shifter with the hairy hand bangin' the gears.

Just a thought. I guess we'll never grow up. Ain't it great?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i can just see a big ol' ladder truck with a blown big block poking thru the hood and about 10 "rat fink" firemen hanging from it..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts