Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car a 1991 Camaro Z28, V8 gets about 210-240 temperature if I'm Lucky it won't get hotter. I put a new radiator, a radiator top,antifreeze,a new fan, and hoses. But when a star running the car in high speeds 70-90mph the car's temperature goes up in matters of minutes. The fan doesn't turn on until the temperature is around 210-230, is that too late, is the fan turning on to late if so what can a do so it turn on in cooler temperatures. Also my ac use to work find but know it doesn't even turn on. What can I do? Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What thermostat are you running? If you put a lower 180 degree one in, you will have to change you fans to match. Are the fan(s) coming on at all? These cars are know for breaking fans. Check it with both the a/c on and off. Also, 3rd gens are bottom breathers. This means, they use air from under the car. Do you have the air deflector installed. If not, at highways speeds, the air goes under the car and not through the radiator. It also helps low speed cooling as well.

------------------
Mark
1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP
**How fast is just a matter of how much $$$ **

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey Ivan,
Mark is right if the car heats mostly at speed install the lower air dam. One other thing to check is a lean condition, fuel filter, fuel pump,ect.

Good Luck
Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts