Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 2407C kit yesterday and I gotta say.... it's one COMPLETE kit!
Every bushing, all u-bolts, and every nut\bolt you need for both ends including new J-nuts\clips for the front perches! They could have included more bushing lube but that's easy to get.
:D
Woohoo!!

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I too have it. Of course, the fever kicked in and I ordered the Global West shackle kit.

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just installed the Hotchkis rear springs on my '69 and like it allot. It went together pretty well. I had to file down the bushings that go into the frame though. I could only get one half in, and then the metal sleeve wouldn't slide through because the bushing was too compressed. I didn't have to take too much off and they still fit tightly.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Joe,

If you have 5 leaf springs now you'll need the longer center bolt and steel plate that takes up the difference in the overall thickness of the spring. The kit is free and they are more than happy to send it but it took two weeks before I received mine. Just a heads up for you.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I guess it depends on the depth of the perches. I thought mine were fine to start with using the two pads but after driving awhile the rear shifted about an 1/8" (I had made scribe marks accross the springs so I could tell). So, what appeared to be a good grip wasn't. You could make the plate easy enough but the bolt would take more effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts