Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just getting ready to install my hotchkis frame connectors and quickly noticed that the bolts for the bar brackets are in the way. i see no way to make them work. Anyone else run into this?

·
19,759 Posts
Re: Hotchkis connectors & caltrac style bars don't mix

Not sure what connectors I have but no issues here...

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts

Doug i haven't installed my Hotchkis frame connectors yet, but i have held them up in place and they clear every thing. Also you can still take out the CalTrac bars/Hotchkis leafs even after the Hotchkis frame connectors are welded/bolted in place.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Skip. Thanks for the reply. Can you do me a favor? Can you please go and test fit the connector again? I circled two areas that are going to effect my bars from fitting. I should mention that i have Max-Trax bars on my car, not cal trac. They are very similar to the cal trac but have more pieces up front where they atatch to the front eye of the spring.(this may be where mine will not fit and the cal trac does) I would appreciate it if you could check your fit again. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I did a search on the forum and this is what i need, global west s/f connectors. It's a picture of Mike M's car from this site. See how they go around the area that the front spring eye pocket is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Not sure what connectors I have but no issues here...

Doug. See how you had to grind the upper load bolt to get it to fit the front spring pocket? That's where the hotchkis connectors weld in, but on the inside. I see no way for them to fit with these type of bars?:confused:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks Skip. My bars are slightly different. If you ever have to move the bar up to the top hole though, it looks like it may be a problem?

http://www.smithracecraft.com/maxtrax/max-trax.html[/url]

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts

Thanks Skip. My bars are slightly different. If you ever have to move the bar up to the top hole though, it looks like it may be a problem?

http://www.smithracecraft.com/maxtrax/max-trax.html[/url]
I'm back... Doug when i had first dry fit the caltrac bars, they were in the top hole and they still cleared everything even my 1/2 SS fuel line.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm back... Doug when i had first dry fit the caltrac bars, they were in the top hole and they still cleared everything even my 1/2 SS fuel line.
I guess it's just my racecraft bars then. The bolt that holds the load carrier is directly in the way.:( If anyone wants the Hotchkis s/f connectors take a look in the classifieds.

·
19,759 Posts

I didn't realize that the Hotchkis bars were that different.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts

I did a search on the forum and this is what i need, global west s/f connectors. It's a picture of Mike M's car from this site. See how they go around the area that the front spring eye pocket is?
Ha... while I was scrolling down skimming the thread I thought that pic looked familiar! If I were buying subframe connectors now I'd be getting the hotchkis ones, they tuck up nicer and generally look better. If my global west connectors weren't welded in I'd offer to trade you, but it would be rather difficult to get them out at this point.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ha... while I was scrolling down skimming the thread I thought that pic looked familiar! If I were buying subframe connectors now I'd be getting the hotchkis ones, they tuck up nicer and generally look better. If my global west connectors weren't welded in I'd offer to trade you, but it would be rather difficult to get them out at this point.
Mike. Do you have any pictures from the side that would show the gw connectors on your car. I want to use the Hotchkis ones, but they will not work with my traction device.:( Thanks

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts

I checked through the pics I've got on photobucket, there's a few from the side but you can't really see the subframe connectors. I'll try to take some pics for you tonight. They don't hang down too badly, but the Hotchkis just seem to tuck up nicer to me. Back when I bought the GW's the Hotchkis ones hadn't come out yet.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I checked through the pics I've got on photobucket, there's a few from the side but you can't really see the subframe connectors. I'll try to take some pics for you tonight. They don't hang down too badly, but the Hotchkis just seem to tuck up nicer to me. Back when I bought the GW's the Hotchkis ones hadn't come out yet.
Thanks Mike for taking some more pictures. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I have GW connectors...I snapped these pictures yesterday, do they help...at all?

Thanks Paul. Yep, they help. How well do they hug the floor? Also, how much room is these where the factory fuel line routes on the passenger side? Do i have enough room to run a -6 braided hose along the factory line with the subframe connector on? I ask because i am going to hold off until i get the car running to purchase the gw connectors. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts

How well do they hug the floor?
They're pretty tight, I mean if I fabricated my own I could probably make them a little tighter but for a part made to fit any 67-69 camaro they're pretty darn tight.

Also, how much room is these where the factory fuel line routes on the passenger side? Do i have enough room to run a -6 braided hose along the factory line with the subframe connector on? I ask because i am going to hold off until i get the car running to purchase the gw connectors. Thanks for the help.
I ran two stock type steel lines and a 1 gauge battery cable past them no problem.

I'll be under the car again tonight, so if there are specific shots that you want, just let me know and I'll get them tonight.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I'll be under the car again tonight, so if there are specific shots that you want, just let me know and I'll get them tonight.
Thanks Paul. If you could get a picture looking up from the bottom where the front spring mounts in the pocket(more so toward the middle of the car where the connector passes)that would be great! A side shot of the car showing the whole bar would be great as well. Thanks again for the help! :thumbsup:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts

Here's the pics of mine, my garage is a bit of a mess right now, I'm in the middle of wetsanding and buffing the car so there's stuff all over the place, but I managed to get these... I do need to trim the exhaust turn downs...

I also found these from before when I was asking about my shock plates... these might be of help as well...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts