Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
o.k. guys i have purchased the hotchkis leaf springs, the ? i have is how tough is it to replace the shackle rubber bushings that are in the frame rails i have seen on here that some guys really have a tough time replacing them, one thread a guy actual smashed his frame rails, do these bushing really fit that tight looking for input

thanks tom

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I took the fuel tank out but still had a hard time with the passenger side bushings. Had to use a pair of 18" channelocks to squeeze the bushings in and then all was good. On the leaf end, mine popped right out with little effort.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I used threaded rod to pull mine in (common approach if you do a search). Tank was out, easier for sure.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
If the fuel tank is out, you can burn the rubber out with a torch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine went in easy with the tank............then I noticed the different part#s for the leaf and frame bushings..doh

I had to drop the tank and use some threaded rod,washers and socket for a spacer to push them back out. 1 side only, thank God

Assembly was a snap. I guess I should have read the instructions first. The bushings are slightly different if you pay atention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts