Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recently install the Hotchkis rear sway bar #2207RC on their 1st gen ?? I did a search and found 2 threads. Dennis (DJD) seemed to really like it on his vert. Anyone else have anything to add ?? Thx.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I just installed one last week on a friend's '68. Went pretty well, took a few hours.

What took a few more hours is reconfiguring the two rear exhaust brackets. Hotchkis' crossmember gets in the way of the factory ones. Fabbed a new set that bolts to the rear crossmember.

No road test yet, not until april, 'cause of the snow.

Frank.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I put one on my car,
Had some fitment issues with the ford 9" rear since it's the heavier duty version with the large shoulders and thicker axle tubes I had to make a couple of brackets to mount the sway bar to the axle,
and since I have a 3" hotchkis drop leaf setup, the larger 9" housing sometimes contacts the Hotchkis cross bar brace,but that's only under hard acceleration with a couple of big boys in the car. I also had to remove the stock pinion bumper(actually removed itself ) and still need to fab something up and/or modify the center of the Hotchkis brace for added clearance.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put one on my car,
Had some fitment issues with the ford 9" rear since it's the heavier duty version with the large shoulders and thicker axle tubes I had to make a couple of brackets to mount the sway bar to the axle,
and since I have a 3" hotchkis drop leaf setup, the larger 9" housing sometimes contacts the Hotchkis cross bar brace,but that's only under hard acceleration with a couple of big boys in the car. I also had to remove the stock pinion bumper(actually removed itself ) and still need to fab something up and/or modify the center of the Hotchkis brace for added clearance.
Wow, the rear end actually hit the cross brace piece ?? That cross brace looks to be snug up against the trunk floor no ?? Thx

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
No experience with Hotchkis but installed Addco many many years ago. along with solid body mounts and sub frame connectors makes it a different car.

Reactions: DT

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Wow, the rear end actually hit the cross brace piece ?? That cross brace looks to be snug up against the trunk floor no ?? Thx

Yep. It's right up against the sheet metal. Smacked it good enough to dent it.
Low car, big rear housing, leaf springs,1 too many dudes in the car, sticky tires and 500rwhp all added up I guess. Like I said,I need to modify it and need to add a new rubber snubber under there in the correct spot to work with the 9".

It'll have to do until I do a mini tub and new rear setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts