1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hotchkis springs=> suspension travel / clearance caliber

Hello!

My planned rear suspension / brake setup:

hotchkis multi leaf, Vette C5 rear disc brakes.
This afternoon I installed my disc brakes with a dummy plastic brake caliber bracket. Now I noticed that the caliber is not completely in the wheel, because I use 2" adapters with Vette 9,5" wheels and the installation is axle flange=> disc=> adapter=> wheel. You can see approx. 1,5 " of the caliber. I know that I have only 1" between tire and inner wheel housing. The caliber is 4" underneath the chassis (wheel housing). So if I have more than 4" of suspension travel the caliber (emergency brake cable bracket) could hit the chassis, which will be not funny.
The calibers are now behind the rear, because there's more clearance to the chassis and no clearance problems with the shocks.. But the emergency brake cable will go to the floor, because on the Vette the calibers are in front of the rear axle. Changing the calibers from left to right is not possible because the bleeding screw should be at the highest point.

Difficult to describe, perhaps I could send a pic.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
are your calipers bolted on below the center line of the axle or above, you will have more clearance if they are below
your brakets could be on the wrong side

1 - 2 of 2 Posts