Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to do the rear suspension of my 68 with a TVS. Any tips/tricks before I start to work on it?

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I did it ,and is very straight forward ,have fun ,are you doing the rear sway bar??? I did and the only thing that bothered me was drilling 8 1/2 in holes in my floor but I got over it in about 5 minutes ,any questions don't hastate to call Hotchkis tech dept.and talk to Drew good guy and didn't mind me calling him a couple times...Happy Motoring :beers:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the old mono spring off the driver side. Questions:

I am going to have to cut the rubber cushions that sandwich the spring to the axle. By cutting off the 1/4" that they recommend it means there will be some metal on metal between the spring "housing" on the axle and spring itself. Is this right or going to be a problem?

Since I am going from a mono leaf to a multileaf spring it does not appear that the plate with the shock mount and the plate on the axle will be flush, ie metal to metal like before. Is that right?

On the replacement springs the front bushing that is already installed is offset. It is off set in the opposite direction that the original spring is. Both new springs are offset in the same direction. It does not appear that there is a driver/passenger spring.

Does anyone have pics of the final appearence?

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I do not have time to answer you correctly,at work and leaving, no computer at home ,call Hotchkis tech dept ,talk to Drew he was very nice to me and there car for R & D was a mono car...Happy Motoring

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Rick I just figured you can call and get the skinny from Hotchkis(877)-466-7655 and feel good about the information..didn't mean to put you off yester.take your time and have fun with it, Happy Motoring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts