Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've enjoyed the site and have learned much, but now I have a question for the brain trust. I've finally started assembling my new front end on a new Daycorn subframe (original with rusted bent perches and a good sag). When I went to set the gnurled upper control arm bolts, the back ones set well but the front ones will still spin. Appears these frame holes are just a bit big. Any ideas on a remedy? Does it even matter other than making adjustments to the alignment a pain? I'd love to hear your input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a welder but picked up a cheap flux welder at HF today. Think I'm up for a couple of tack welds. Hell, maybe I'll get brave enough to weld in some subframe connectors. Never too old to learn something new.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Good attitude !! Practice on some scrap first. Grind or sand so you're welding bare steel.

...and make sure you get a good auto-darkening welding helmet so you don't ruin your vision.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Not a welder but picked up a cheap flux welder at HF today. Think I'm up for a couple of tack welds. Hell, maybe I'll get brave enough to weld in some subframe connectors. Never too old to learn something new.
I suck at welding.. They call me BLOB.. I've found a grinder and flapper disc to be my best friends l:)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts