Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get houndstooth by the linear yard at a reasonable price. I have tried various sources, and it was either poor quality or $$$$$$$$$$150 a yard.

·
Registered
83 Posts
your local upholstery shop should be able to get it for you. I bought the seat kits and had them put it on for me. I got the black and white houndstooth, it is great!! They could have bought the material itself and custom made the seats, but it`s a lot more expensive that way.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have houndstooth in my car and my drivers seat is a bit worn but the rest was in good shape. I tried to buy just the cloth by the yard back in the 80's and it was very hard to find and it was also expensive even back then. The vinyl and other materials were fairly reasonable. If you are trying to save money over a pair of seat covers it is probably a loosing battle. The ready to wear covers are the way to go IMHO.

-Mark.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I bought some black/white houndstooth cloth from Year One. They sell it in their catalog. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't $150/yd. Quality appeared good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Year One, $60 a yard for houndstooth (Orange\Black or White\Black) I believe $30 a yard for the Vinyl.

------------------
1969 "Touring" Pace Car, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, AGR Steering, 352CI Dynoed 470hp/430Tq - Winston Cup Airbox, 18X9-18X8 Centerline Lazers, Baer Track Brakes. Still "Under Construction"
1969 Touring Pace Car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts