Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.......
I know the 69 pace car came with Houndstooth in a conv., but i have yet to hear of one orig. ordered in other 69 convertibles. I have seen several convs. with comfortweave and I have seen people put houndstooth in their cars after the fact.
Was houndstooth originally offered as an option by GM in convertibles, or did they frown upon this?

Owners lucky enough to have documentation please respond!!

------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe it was all-vinyl on convertibles, except for the Pace Car. The COPO ordering process was a way to get non-standard features on a car, including paint and perhaps even upholstery. Once a COPO option was approved, any dealer could order it. In theory perhaps one could have 'special ordered' it later in the run, although I would be skeptical. Most likely it is an owner add on.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Somewhere in all my crap I have an orig. order sheet. You can see one in John Hoopers 69 Camaro Reference book on page 52. You could only order Black or Ivory Houndstooth in the Sport coupe. The boxes you check are blacked out for converts. Go to this web page...http://www.icehouse.net/camaros/rsjl8of.htm He has a JL8 Z28 that he got from me. There is a picture of the order sheet. The boxes are near the top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I know it's not true with my Convertable 69 RS/SS. The Original paint was white and interior was blue, with a white top. Now it is Red with a houndstooth interior and white top (very sharp). It's not the way it came out of the factory but I love it! I guess it's all in the way you look at things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts