Team Camaro Tech banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get a yearly calendar of the ROTM winners from the previous year?

I know the El Camino guys do it, but it's on a submission basis that ends August 10 annually.

Just wrap the January - June with the previous year July - December to make the printing deadline.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Can we get a yearly calendar of the ROTM winners from the previous year?

I know the El Camino guys do it, but it's on a submission basis that ends August 10 annually.

Just wrap the January - June with the previous year July - December to make the printing deadline.
X2...:hurray:

·
14,279 Posts
We did it on the Tri Five forum.

I would suggest instead of using the ride of the month winners we post up a calendar poll for one month and everybody gets 12 votes. The top 12 go on the calendar:beers:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Let's see if the contest makes it 12 months. We just barely get the five minimum entries the past two months without constant marketing and begging. If we do we can post a downloadable PDF as selling anything through autoguide seems impossible through our storefront.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet you would get a lot of responses for the Project of the Month!

I'll submit my two for that.

·
14,279 Posts
With a calendar poll there are 12 chances to be selected

Therefore I think we will get more than enough submittals

The top vote getter will be the ride of the month winner for that month so we don't have competing contest the same month

·
19,904 Posts
I think what he's asking is that the ROTM winners be the picture for that month of the calendar in the following year ?
If I read that right.
Would be pretty cool if someone (I don't have the talents :() could do a PDF file so that it would be an easy DL and print.....no selling needed.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah there are two thoughts here, one is a calender of the ROTM winners and the other one chosen by members in a poll pick the best 12 contest.

John and I have been chatting tonight about a calender in general, costs and way to print it. I'm sure one way or another you will see something Team Camaro regardless of the source being strict ROTM or voted.

As for ROTM I would love to see at least ten vehicles nominated as entries each month and over a thousand members voting each month but that remains to be seen. But at years end you would have a great field of 12.

The best of option IMHO would require at least 24 entries but 36 entries would be more of a real choice. Then you would pick 12 maybe 13 for the actual calender.

Then the cost of printing would be based on how many members signup and put the cash on the table to get her done.

Are we missing anything here?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think what he's asking is that the ROTM winners be the picture for that month of the calendar in the following year ?
You got it.

The ROTM winners would be on the calendar of their corresponding month.

·
Retired
26,695 Posts
You got it.

The ROTM winners would be on the calendar of their corresponding month.
ROTM just restarted in May of this year since it died out back in 2013. The mods took it over from the AutoForum admins and despite all their best efforts are having a tough time keeping it going.

I think the sentiment is that holding a contest for calendar cars would have a better chance of filling the 12 months than ROTM.

·
14,279 Posts
ROTM just restarted in May of this year since it died out back in 2013. The mods took it over from the AutoForum admins and despite all their best efforts are having a tough time keeping it going.

I think the sentiment is that holding a contest for calendar cars would have a better chance of filling the 12 months than ROTM.
That my feeling as well.

When there are 12 spots win you'll surely get more entrants.

ROTM is going well. The cars nominated have all been very nice.

It would be nice to see more members voting.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,183 Posts
Exactly.

They hold a calendar contest like that over on NastyZ28.com and it seems to work very well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.