Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used deluxe steering wheel at a swap meet today. I wanted to pay $150 but they guy stayed fixed on his $175 price. I got a really good shape steering wheel, the adapter hub and some little screws and a silver ring thing. Did I over pay by $25? The wheel is in really nice shape. It has a "J" symbol molded into the back of the grip part. Is this an orginally stearing wheel? Also I got a new horn button (silver with chevy bow tie symbol).

------------------
Thou shall not convet they neighbor,s Camaro

69 SS350

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Blk69,

How can you ask if you got screwed?
Did the seller hold a gun to your head and ask to reach into your pockets for the $175?I doubt it, you paid a fair price for a part you thought was good value for money.
What is $25 anyway?
If you got a good original piece, you will be clapping your hands with joy in the near future. Original parts are getting very thin on the ground.

Enjoy your car :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is true no gun was pointed at my head. Sometime when you are holding a part that you really want it is just like a gun is there and you have to get it. This is what happoned to me. I was hopeing $175 was not to much to have payed.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Blk69,
You are a man of wisdom!!
You needed that part and the extra $25 was a problem at the time. You shouldn't even think about it. Nobody is going to care about the extra few $$$$, in the true scheme of your car it is worth it.
Well done :)

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
It was there, you were there, sounds good. If you walked away over 25 bucks you might very well be grumbling for ages about the 'good deal' you passed up on (esp if you ended up buying one sight unseen from across the country and it wasn't as nice). A bird in hand and all that stuff.....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheel does look very nice. Now I just have to figure out how to wire it up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
BLK69, my personal "valuation model"
is that if a REALLY good used original part that is complete, is selling for about the same as the repro part, it's a good deal. Using that thought, I think you did well. As has already been mentioned, good original parts are getting fewer every year and the price of good parts will only go higher. Enjoy it!
P.S. I got a smile reading your post how you were standing there with that nice part in your hand and no one was holding a gun to your head, but it felt like there was. Been there! This is a disease!! haha.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will look thru my factory assembly manual again. Thank you for all your input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts