Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am moving my optima to the trunk. I plan on installing a Circuit breaker in-between the battery and a switch. I am trying to figure out the size of the breaker. I have two fans, 40 amps each, fuel injection, I think it is 30 amps, I will check, The rest is normal 69 camaro electrics. Wiper, lights, heater. Any ideas on how big I should size the Breaker? The amp and subwoofer amp are on a seperate battery in the trunk. They are connected to the other thru a battery isolator. The amp and sub woofer are 110 amps combined. I have a 100 amp breaker on this battery.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The largest amp draw is your starter, my 454 starter draws 588 amps for the first instant then cranks at about 190 amps. I have a MEGA FUSE fuse holder with a 250 amp slow blow fuse. No problems so far.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a 200 amp circuit breaker on the main battery circuit. I will try this. I didnt realize the starter drew that much current. However it is only for a short duration. I have the fans for the radiator wired at the junction for the batteries, the starter, the alternator. I was thinking of moving the fan junction over to the horn relay connection since this is where the alternator picks up the remote sense. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts