Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am curious, my stock 305, how much of a shot nitrous can it take? I really have no idea, the only guy I know with nitrous is my buddy with his sunfire and he has a 65hp shot with barely any mods. I want to be able to handle about a 120-140hp shot. I also am concerned about the tranny being able to take the torque, or the rear end.

------------------
1990 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI.

www.geocities.com/camaromandan/home.html

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
you should be concerned about the bottom end of your engine, i would venture to think your pushing it too far with a 125shot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well how bout a 100 shot? What could I do to beefen up the engine in order to handle it, or are you talking about the block itself?

------------------

·
Registered
278 Posts
ud be pretty much ok w/ a 125 shot...just beef up your fuel system and make sure it doesnt lean out (low fuel press. cut off switch)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well something like that would never happen with the auto monitor on the venom nitrous kit, which is the one I was looking at, its the safest because its constantly monitoring the mixtures, it auto cuts off if anything goes wrong.

------------------

·
Registered
278 Posts
hoooooooooold up...is this a dry system? as in theres just a nitrous jet and the computer adds the fuel? forget that...get a wet system. MUCH safer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i do believe the venom is a dry system i'll have to double check, do u have a reccomendation for a good wet system. Why would it be safer?

------------------

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
a wet system is all self contained. it doesn't rely on the car's computer to do anything different. just another way of idiot proofing things.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah I dont think of myself as being that stupid, I'll just research it before I go out and do it, I'm gonna stick with the dry system, the venom looks like a key choice.

------------------

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you go with the dry you need new injecters and a chip one of my buddys ran one cooked a piston first time out

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
why not just not run the nitrous and have a long living engine. maybe change the cam out to a bigger one, or port the heads, or change them entirly. that would make some HP that you would have all the time, you car would sound cooler and you wouldnt have to worry about having to build a new bottom end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts