Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I bought my camaro used it is a v6 5 speed rs i am thinking of adding duel exhaust flow masters and changing the manifold,only i dont know which ones to choose can you send me a link plz.also i want to add cool air intake distributer cap plugs etc change the headers i also want to chnage the gears out for faster take off and gear change speed can you tell me what brand aand model number i should get also i am wondering about how much it would cost to change out into either a new or used ls1 engine any help id greatly appreciated i dont know anything about engines but im fast learning.also would like to know of any other mods you would suggest that you would do to the camaro i dont need crazy horsepower but as much as possible looking to spend around 3-5 grand.im tired of all the mustangs trying to race me hehe

·
3,176 Posts
Best way to improve a 99 is to buy a 68
All joking aside as to performance for it I would be clueless since Im a 1st Gen person but ALoha and welcome to the BEST DAMM 1st Gen Site on the web

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

·
Registered
91 Posts
if u really want the best improvement for the least amount of money i would say put it all to an ls1 and go from there or maybe just an lt1 its cheaper to build up but if u do a complete swap u need to change allot of other things i belive the computer speedometer and i dont really know what else but i would like some input also seeing im looking for an lt1 for my 94

------------------
94 camaro 6 cyl(for now)

·
Registered
297 Posts
They didn't make RS Camaros in 99. Your car also doesn't have a distributor cap.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone

My 1967 Camaro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't waste your time with the 6 just get a used LS1, You'll be way further ahead that way, and you won't have to worry about anything but Corvettes, and Vipers (or highly modified imports or Mustangs). They have LT1s and LS1s on ebay all the time. Try to get one with a transmision too though. Your five speed won't live long behind an LS1. There is a couple of websites for camaro salvage yards, the only one I can think of off hand is lt1sthatrun.com. Go to a search page and look for "camaro salvage" and you should come up with a couple more. Good luck.

------------------
69 X22 D80 w/95 LT1 Terrorizing the streets of N.E. Ohio....in a year or two.........mabey

·
Registered
300 Posts
checkout this site.there is an SS board and an RS board for 4th.you'll love the power of an LS1 even more after a V6.

GOOD LUCK!
http://www.hoodscoop.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

------------------
"Drive it like you stole it"
67 327,4spd,3.73
70 454,400th,3.08
00 SS,NBM,CHROME ZR1'S,CME
(AKA 4 speed)

[This message has been edited by fastorange67 (edited 03-01-2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts