Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked at a very early 68 Norwood car the other day with an 08E tag, first August 67 built 1968 car I have ever seen. The VIN was in the 3045xx range, so there had to be more before it, but CRG does not show any built in August. Is that because none are finished in August? Are any cars built in August, 67's in the beginning or 68's at the end?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
A real nice builder near my house which is an 08E N3046xx 4 speed 12 bolt deluxe interior and he will not sell it yet. Need to take a hand full of $100's and see how much?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Probably GM did not show August production stats because Sept is the 1st month new models went on sale.

I recall ordering a new Silverado back in 1987. The truck was built and at the dealer in the 2nd week of August. Yet Chevrolet did not send the dealer the invoice till Sept 1. My truck sat in the dealers warehouse for a month and I could not get it because it was still the property of GM.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The build date on the cowl tag is the Fisher Body week it started as raw metal in the Body Shop; the GM production records indicate the day it came off the end of Chevrolet's Final Line, which could be up to a week later, especially if a weekend was involved. As far as GM was concerned, the car didn't exist until it was driven off the Final Line - that was the "pay point" for production reporting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
JohnZ=awesome. I love his information!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.