Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own fuel line from the pump up to where the fuel filter is on the manifold and today recieved the connector. I have no clue how this is supposed to go on with the copper fitting that came with it. No instructions came with it either. Can anyone help? The fitting is a Russell, the filter is an Edelbrock, and the line is 3/8 steel. Is this supposed to be flared? If not, what holds the line in place?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
cut the flair off and use the compression fitting supplied by russell...keep in mind that an fittings bruise easy, so be careful...red nut, comp ferrule,blue comp to an,filter, in that order after cutting the double flair off the steel line...

·
Registered
601 Posts
you got it all lined up in picture just like kustom said cut the flair off and put it together dont tighten to tight to crush it.use a imp tool to cut it off if you use a hacksaw file edges first than put together and push line in as far as could go into the blue peice and tighten down.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys, thanks for the quick responses!! Is there a need for teflon tape between the compression fitting and the steel line? Just seems like this set up is not leak proof without the flare? Also, won't the steel line move as I tighten the fittings together?

thanks again

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
the ferrule clamps down on the steel line...no need for teflon...if there`s a leak, you didnt get it tight enough...hence the term "compression fitting"...it`ll be fine...lol...

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
if you want to see how a compression fitting works, just head to a hardware store or home Depot and ask a few questions. also, if you screw the ferrule up some how (it's not that hard to do...), then you can get new ones there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts