Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a solid lifter roller cam used but did not get a cam card with it. I have been trying to figure out how to determine the lobe separation angle and also how to determine duration.

I have a dial indicator and base and using V blocks of wood I can determine that lift is .495" (cam lift X 1.5)intake and exhaust. I don't have a spare motor laying around to stick it into. I do have a degree wheel though and wondered if it was possible to somehow attach it to the nose of the cam and then use the V blocks?? If anybody has any suggestions as to how to determine this information, it would be much appreciated.

There are some numbers on the end of the cam but I don't have those with me. I will check those today and then post them here to see if maybe somebody recognizes the numbers. I was told though that the cam may have been re-ground at some point in time. :-(

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Eaton posi, 3.31 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I just got back from the house checking the numbers and here is what I have found:

On the end of the cam-not the timing chain end but the other end..

"H50" and then this "330 RS Howard". The H50 looks like it has been scratched through with the same device and that inscribed the "330 RS Howard" The "330 RS Howard" is not stamped, but scribed on.. Any ideas?

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Eaton posi, 3.31 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I just spoke with Dewey there at Howards-extremely nice guy. He advised not one of theirs.. He advised that he would profile the cam for about $10 bux-but I would have to pay shipping both ways which will bring the total close to $30 which is all I paid for the cam.. So, my next guess is Herbert cams. I will try them now.. Wish me luck.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts