Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering...forget price..gimme your best Ideas for bringing me some more Hp and good street performance

------------------
1969 Camaro Coupe Dover white/ IceBlue Z28 Striping/standard Bl Int. Redline ARR wheels

·
3,344 Posts
Straight,
A motor is a motor is a motor ! You have to do the same things that you would do to a V-8 to increase performance. Maybe a new cam...head work.. different carb...ignition...headers...I can go on forever. The parts are available from many sources for the Chevy Sixes. All of the major manufacturers hve cams etc. Just let your fingers do the searching !
By the way there are plenty of very strong running sixes out there.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Owner
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
19,747 Posts
if you really need to keep the 6, there are all kinds of upgrades, cams,pistons,4bbl. intakes,headers...ect.,ect. just not advertised as much, not many buyers? just keep looking and asking.

good luck.

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 12-10-2000).]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Go to "Engine and Drivetrain" section and check out the posting by "Maxpowers" titled "More HP" on 12-07-00. That will get you started.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Listen to these guys and treat it like it was any other motor you wanted to hop up.

By the way, I had a '68 in high school with the 250 6-banger. My dad and I put header/s on it with duals and a heavy duty clutch for the 3 speed. What fun! I used to pull all the 80's stock V8 Camaros across the intersection because it was so torquey.

Then I'd back off to save face...

·
Registered
19 Posts
www.inliners.org!

If you do anything extensive to it, you're probably going to spend more money than you would doing a small block swap. Unless you're sentimentally attached to an i6, it's probably a waste of cash (IMO)...

Rob

[This message has been edited by robzr (edited 12-10-2000).]

·
Registered
304 Posts
it's neat to have a different head turner!

------------------
stock? 67
69BB in resto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts