Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of rebuilding an engine I purchased last year that was used. The person i bought it from pulled it out of their 67 Camaro but didn't know much about it accept it was't original and that it was most likely an L31 truck engine. I'm fairly confident that it is, since it has hdy roller cam and vortec heads... Anyway, cams for these engines are REALLY expensive so I wanted to make sure the cam I already have is not anything worth keeping... The cam has the following numbers listed:

On the end of the cam:

K 6
3 01

And on the shaft

11:43

Anyway - does anyone know how I can begin to identify this thing before i toss it. I would hate to know I tossed a hot cam (doubt it) but just in case...

Thanks!

Clint

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Might be cheaper to buy a gm roller to be used with those factory roller cams. I think you use what they call " spider plate'' to hold down the roller lifer guides?
The hot cam number is 24502586 and goes for about $200 or so, there is the 350 ram jet 14097395 for about $150.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - Its got a spider plate, you're right. I'm thinking about going with a Comp Cam Xtreme Engergy 276 roller cam if this cam is junk... Its $250.00 though, not really wanting to spend the money if I don't need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts