Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
any headers are a huge improvement on an LT1 car ... most any catback will give the same results as any other, it's just personal taste on sound and the style of tips

I picked up .4 in the 1/4 when I added shorty (MAC) headers and an off-road pipe (cat delete) to my '94

do you live somewhere that does smog testing? if so that changes your options

making an LT1 car quick isn't hard at all ... I got down to 12.0s ... there are 2 or 3 that dipped into the 11s (stock longblock w/ 1.6 rockers)

I have my old exhaust for sale but it's in IL
if you have any questions let me know

(my 94 was in a magazine "bolt-on" LT1 shootout and went 12.6s in 90+degree 90%humidity NJ weather so I do have a little knowledge of the subject)

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is always a great question for a newbie to ask. The question is really, how to I gain the most HP for the least amount of money.

I'm tempted to buy a Jet Chip Module for my Z28 and see what happens. They cost €330 but I've seen one for half price. My worry is that if I connect it up will it bugger up the smooth running of the car or damage anything ?

I've never been a fan of chips (except of course the TV series) and I always thought of them as an easy, non technical, boy racer way to modify a car. I like the idea of porting and polish and higher lift cams but they are expensive so for cheap extra horses where does that leave us ? Basically a K&N filter, a free-flowing exhaust and a dyno tune up isn't it ?

Awaiting enlightenment :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts