Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i`ve got a set of old 327 heads kickin round...theyre in great shape, but i wanna know how they flow before i go through the work of the install...these are 3890462 heads ...mortec says "camel hump 302-327-350, 64cc chambers no accessory holes...i`ve got an old set of 882`s on the car now and i believe they`re 76cc...t5hey`re on a 74 350 out of a caprice...the cam is crane fireball2 adv dur is 292 with 490 lift in and ex...what will the chamber size do to my comp ratio???is there a website that has flow numbers available as a tech reference???

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
the chamber size will bring your comp up over a full point, to 10 or 10.25:1. This would be a MUCH better match to your cam, and that alone would make it a good thing to do, tho you won'r be puttin 87 octane in the tank anymore.

Airflow wise, it's a wash.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx a ton jim and john...thats what i needed to know...i wanted to make sure all the fab work was gonna pay off seeing how theres no boltholes in the heads for the alt and soforth...i`m going to be doing this with a tpi, so what i will lose in the low end in flow numbers, i will probably gain back with the torque gains of tpi...do you guys know of an adapter plate for this swap???maybe something i wont have to make with the plasma cutter???lol...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool...these are the small valve heads though(if i remember correctly...miked the valves long ago...memory failing at an early age)lol...actually i have the whole motor, but half of it`s in my future state of va...only have the heads in the great frozen north...

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Fwiw, -041 heads have holes and are like these..

And any '69 and later double-hump type head will have holes..

pdq67

1 - 10 of 10 Posts