Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new pedal kit and cant get the old gas pedal off. Is it bolted on or is that a snap or something holding it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There is a spring.Pull the spring from around the pedal arm.Then slide the pedal off the arm,toward the passenger side.Careful,as your sliding it off,so you remember the orientation of the spring.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. I got it off and now i cant figure out how to put the spring back on. Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The hooked end goes over the arm,it is preloaded.It's hard to describe how it's to go.What, exactly is confusing?

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing i do seems to fit right. Does the hook go over the arm or under it? Im assuming the pin goes through the spring hole, which side of the arm does the spring go, right or left. Ive tried just about everyway and nothing seems right, it feels real loose and wobbly any way i try it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The spring goes between the plastic,on the pedal.Pedal--spring---pedal. Where the arm goes thru the pedal,it also goes thru the coil of the spring.The hooked part of spring goes on top of arm.------ Ok, ,I took off my pedal,It's sitting in front of me,now.I forgot, there is a pin that goes thru the pedal.My pin goes in from the pass. side.You will have pin going thru pedal, spring, arm ,pedal.Both ends of the spring will be on the top part of the pedal.The straight part touches the top part of the pedal.The hooked part,wraps around the arm,from the pass side.Dont preload the spring before you put it on.You will have to leave the pin partially out,align the pedal,slide the pin thru the arm and second half of pedal.Flip the hooked end of spring around the arm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.