Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking and I've already replaced the engine/headlight harness, and the rear taillight harness, the only thing original is the fusebox and dash harness.

The car has no real power options. How hard is this for a novice with something like an AAW harness.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
It is not hard per say, you just unbolt the panel pull it off and disconnect the wires on the reverse and then the fun part of snaking the new harness in to the tight locations behind the dash. Easy to do if the dash is already out, can be done if not if you are agile and can work in small spaces. Good weekend project.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. There's no interior in the car right now and the hvac controls and radio are already removed. I'm going to have to pull the gauge cluster as well to replace the dash pad as well, so it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad with all that already out of the way

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It will never be easier than now... Take plenty of pics of the original during removal, and refer to the AIM to make sure you run things the way they were OE.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Cool thanks. There's no interior in the car right now and the hvac controls and radio are already removed. I'm going to have to pull the gauge cluster as well to replace the dash pad as well, so it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad with all that already out of the way
Yeah then it will be a piece of cake

It will never be easier than now... Take plenty of pics of the original during removal, and refer to the AIM to make sure you run things the way they were OE.
And I'm a fan of laying the new out on the floor first with the AIM and the AAW instructions and dry run it, then mock it up against the original while still installed, then replace one leg at a time until you have it done.

·
Registered
335 Posts
FWIW - Whenever I'm planning to do any wiring work behind the dash, I unbolt and remove the driver's seat and lay a blanket down on the floor. Then you can just lay down on the floor and work with your feet comfortably resting on the back seat. When you get into your mid-50s like me, it's all about being comfortable... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts