Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son tells me an old neighbor of ours (spare son) bought a 94 camaro. He has it in the shop to have a few things done to it. My question is how long does it take or how many hours would be normal to charge to replace the windshield wiper motor? Don't want him to be taken to the cleaners cause the guy doesn't know how to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wish you would have posted before hand. I think I've had mine out 5 times. Pull the wipers, take off the plastic covers, 2-3 bolts on the motor, remove pivot arms (pop off), un-plug and remove wiper module (4 screws) from old motor; put on new motor. Reverse order for install. Can do it in 20 min. having done it a few times.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish you would have posted before hand. I think I've had mine out 5 times. Pull the wipers, take off the plastic covers, 2-3 bolts on the motor, remove pivot arms (pop off), un-plug and remove wiper module (4 screws) from old motor; put on new motor. Reverse order for install. Can do it in 20 min. having done it a few times.
Thanks, I'll let him know. Just wondered what the shop number of hrs. he might be charged. Didn't want him to be taken from someone, he's just 1 yr out of h.s. I will let him know it's not that hard of a job plus about this section of TC. So that he can come here for tips and helps. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts