Team Camaro Tech banner

261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just bought Lemans Blue with black std interior. 68Z N423809. 04D car.18000 documented miles. Original motor and trans long gone. Guy I bought it from bought it as a roller in 1975.

·
Registered
68 Z28
209 Posts
I would like to have my Car added to the 68 Z registry/list..the trim tag is gone,but the car was originally seafrost green with black stripes and black interior..the build date according to the ncrs report is 03/04/1968 which makes it a 03A car.. last 6 of the vin are 392817..here is a link to the YouTube video I made Authenticating it as a real Z.

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
323 Posts
Mine is a 04D, British green, black standard interior, protecto plate, matching numbers
I have a 1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 M.O....Does anyone know that the color code on the British Green
means with one Z (its British Green), with a Z-Z (means its a "Special Paint Code: British green , but a different paint was
used which in the sun it had gold fakes in the british Green and at night it was almost black.) But I have a question? What carb would you use in a 68 Z28 RS with a change , now with Dart Heads cost alot to have it ported out and I have a 4346 Just been rebuilt. Dianna

·
Registered
323 Posts
You be added but what interior do you have Harvard?

Updated list:
11D RPOL72 Ivory/Blk Vinyl/Gold std. int
01B 68camaroz28 Butternut Yellow/Blk std. int.
03C zeds68 Butternut Yellow/Blk std. int.M22
04A ggtsvnv Lemans Blue/Blue std.
04C zeds68 British Green/Blk std M22
04D never2manycamaro's British Green/Blk #422699
04D 68z28sd British Green/Blk std. #426203
05A rodent4 British Green/Blk std. int.
05C fastfreddy OO Bronze/Blk std. #429642
05D 68zproject ZZ British Green/ ?
07A Dayton68Z28 Matador Red Orig. cowl plenum
07C Sonet Ermine White/Red Std. (?) Interior
07C Shupee ??? ???
And [email protected] has 3 68 Z/28's but not sure of when built, but one for sure is a early one. And of course one is Dave Strickler's ol' SuperStock car.
mine is 03D 68 camaroZ28 RS British green. Registered last night. dianna

·
Registered
323 Posts
mine is 03D 68 camaroZ28 RS British green. Registered last night. dianna
Just for the record, if anyone has seen the newest updated paint code for British Green it is:
Z: British Green
Z-Z: is SpecialPaint code British Green (gold fakes in the green in daylight, Night almost looks black)
This is a updated page from Camaro Reserch Site. Our numbers are:
Body by Fisher
03D
ST 68-12437 LOS 33390 Body
TR 749 Z-Z ____ ( can't read this part)
but have the protectoroplate.
after owning it 29 yrs , I finally Register it on Jerry's site.
Lic. Plate:ZXY 290
Christopher & Dianna
Can you tell me something I don't know? This is not a smart a__ question..I am serious?

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,906 Posts
....Does anyone know that the color code on the British Green
means with one Z (its British Green), with a Z-Z (means its a "Special Paint Code: British green , but....
No, regarding the 68 model year, Z was used as special paint up until January 68 when British Green was introduced. Then a dash (-) was used for special paint and British Green got the Z code.

1967 special paint cars used the letter "O" instead of the normal color code. For early model year 1968, the designation for special paint cars changed to the letter "Z". However, new mid-year colors needed codes assigned to them, and starting January 1968 the letter "Z" paint code was used to denote the newly available Camaro color called British Green, and simultaneously the notation of special order paint was changed to a dash "-". The "-" (dash) special paint code continued for the rest of the 1968 model year as well as for the entire 1969 model year. Due to changes and differences in how the factories marked the paint codes (especially differences in 1968 factory formats), the special paint formats are easier to illustrate in the examples in the Special Paint Table below than to describe in words.
The 2 characters (letters for 67-8, numbers for 69) in the paint code on the cowl tag describe top and bottom colors. Non vinyl top and convertibles have a double paint code like A-A or Z-Z. The second character describes the top. Z-2 for example, is British Green, black top (either vinyl or convertible).... if the car was built January or later. :)

Hope that makes sense....

·
Registered
323 Posts
No, regarding the 68 model year, Z was used as special paint up until January 68 when British Green was introduced. Then a dash (-) was used for special paint and British Green got the Z code.

The 2 characters (letters for 67-8, numbers for 69) in the paint code on the cowl tag describe top and bottom colors. Non vinyl top and convertibles have a double paint code like A-A or Z-Z. The second character describes the top. Z-2 for example, is British Green, black top (either vinyl or convertible).... if the car was built January or later. :)

Hope that makes sense....
No it does not. We are the 2nd owner's to this car, My best friend of 40 years sold it to me as a basket case as far as primer and I had it tore down completely 20 years ago for rust, bondo, etc, Then piece by piece it was pained the Z-Z code which I wanted it blue but the guy who is a friend of mine said paint it original color. I have 100's of pic's. It took 2 years to get her back. The paint was a different paint mixture of Du..oh hell I'm not getting any more of my secrets ..I told my wife not to talk to anyone about my car.. I know everything about her. It's a real Z28 RS 302 MO. that's all you need to know. This car was painted 20 years ago. and look at it. and I race it, show it and cruise it. I am in san diego, Ca, and I'm 65 now , going to have a little more fun with it as it has been in my garage for 1 year, working secretly on it. That's all you need to know. Thanks. Christopher

By the way that's not the way it looks under the hood now. Couple years and I'm selling her. She my family!

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Z-Z is Green over Green period. I have 2 built right after yours, an R-R and a U-2
Upper and lower body color was denoted on tag . R-R is solid Red while U-2 is Blue with Black vinyl.
Z-Z is BG why are you not agreeing with that? You have a great color! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No it does not. We are the 2nd owner's to this car, My best friend of 40 years sold it to me as a basket case as far as primer and I had it tore down completely 20 years ago for rust, bondo, etc, Then piece by piece it was pained the Z-Z code which I wanted it blue but the guy who is a friend of mine said paint it original color. I have 100's of pic's. It took 2 years to get her back. The paint was a different paint mixture of Du..oh hell I'm not getting any more of my secrets ..I told my wife not to talk to anyone about my car.. I know everything about her. It's a real Z28 RS 302 MO. that's all you need to know. This car was painted 20 years ago. and look at it. and I race it, show it and cruise it. I am in san diego, Ca, and I'm 65 now , going to have a little more fun with it as it has been in my garage for 1 year, working secretly on it. That's all you need to know. Thanks. Christopher

By the way that's not the way it looks under the hood now. Couple years and I'm selling her. She my family!
No disrespect meant in this question: but I need to ask what are you trying to say? You you disagreeing with the fact that Z-Z means no vinyl no top?

You wrote:
I'm not getting any more of my secrets ..I told my wife not to talk to anyone about my car.. I know everything about her. It's a real Z28 RS 302 MO. that's all you need to know.

What secret? Figuring out what color you have? Use a Spectrophotometer and you can get it....no biggie. Who questioned anything on it and who cares if it is a RS Z28 or not? I'm not losing sleep over what you do or did with your car.....

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,906 Posts
Dianna, you shouldn't reveal these secrets. lol...It looks British Green to me! ;) Beautiful color and car. (y)

However, the codes and their meaning on the cowl tag are no secret....

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Yup, Z-Z is British Racing Green for an 03D car. There were no different shades of it, just the one they used in production.
You're trying to quote CRG. Rich and I wrote those pages and they are correct.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't understand when folks throw out their thoughts and strong opinions and then cast egg shells out for everyone else to walk on. It's really tiring and not of benefit to the group.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I don't understand when folks throw out their thoughts and strong opinions and then cast egg shells out for everyone else to walk on. It's really tiring and not of benefit to the group.
Within the past few years it appears everything has been turning into an argument over comments and posts.

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
The Z-Z has been explained many times (British Green top, British green bottom) I dont get whats so hard to understand. o_O

Reactions: adjudimo

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dianna, you shouldn't reveal these secrets. lol...It looks British Green to me! ;) Beautiful color and car. (y)

However, the codes and their meaning on the cowl tag are no secret....

Yeah I know, Chris was having a bad day. You all are right. it's no secret...He just didn't want to tell anyone that he put Dart Sportsman heads in it. He spent 4,000. to have them ported out. He isn't a computer person and likes to keep everything a secret, but the tag yells it almost all. Thanks, Dianna

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 M.O....Does anyone know that the color code on the British Green
means with one Z (its British Green), with a Z-Z (means its a "Special Paint Code: British green, but a different paint was
used which in the sun it had gold fakes in the British Green and at night it was almost black.) But I have a question? What carb would you use in a 68 Z28 RS with a change, now with Dart Heads costs a lot to have it ported out and I have a 4346 Just been rebuilt. Dianna View attachment 276594
By the way, this '68 Z28 RS Camaro a lot has the tinted windows, and the tic tac and some other options got when 1st owner bought it. We are the 3rd owners and have had it for 28 yrs. Dianna

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,906 Posts
Yeah I know, Chris was having a bad day. You all are right. it's no secret...He just didn't want to tell anyone that he put Dart Sportsman heads in it. He spent 4,000. to have them ported out. He isn't a computer person and likes to keep everything a secret, but the tag yells it almost all. Thanks, Dianna
Well, he just had a tooth pulled, right ? LOL...

No harm or foul as far as I'm concerned and could care less what the secret ingredients are in that MIGHTY Mouse of yours...(y)The two of you are excellent caretakers and I'm sure you'll be sorry to see it go in a few years....Maybe you'll reconsider after the engine update!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well, he just had a tooth pulled, right ? LOL...

No harm or foul as far as I'm concerned and could care less what the secret ingredients are in that MIGHTY Mouse of yours...(y)The two of you are excellent caretakers and I'm sure you'll be sorry to see it go in a few years....Maybe you'll reconsider after the engine update!!
Thanks man....Dianna

261 - 280 of 280 Posts