Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This afternoon I was mowing grass on the 3-cylinder lawn/garden mower and I got to thinking about how many internal combustion engines I have. While mowing I was adding them up in my head.

28 Four vehicles, two V8 and two 6-cylinder
3 Lawn/Garden mower
5 Five Stihl 2-cycle lawn tools: Edger, weed whacker, blower, chain saw, hedge trimmer
1 Tiller, I believe single cylinder
0 Air compressor, twin cylinder. (this will not count as it isn't internal combustion)
2 Add in a generator and pressure washer

39 is my grand total, unless I think of something else.

How many pistons do you have?

·
15,871 Posts
(3) V8s
(1) V6
(1) Turboed 4

·
Registered
94 Posts
(3) V8's
(1) V6

30 or 33 if counting air compressors

·
15,871 Posts
To be accurate. You guys aren't even close.

Master Cylinder Pistons, Brake Caliper Pistons, Clutch Master, AC Compressors to think of a few

Reactions: bills69

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be accurate. You guys aren't even close.

Master Cylinder Pistons, Brake Caliper Pistons, Clutch Master, AC Compressors to think of a few
Good point, let's stick with internal combustion engined pistons. I edited my post quantity from 39 to 37.

·
Registered
506 Posts
2 V8 (69 & 99 F bodies)
1 V6
3 I4
1 V2 mower
4 singles

Think that’s 40 fuel burning pistons.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,658 Posts
36 - 3 V8s, 1 V6, 1 inline 3 diesel - JD Tractor, 1 V twin - JD riding lawn mower, 1 2 stoke - string trimmer.

Forgot the pressure washer - 37.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Are we counting running engines in vehicles? I have a few extra engines on stands..... This could get out of hand real quick! I am at 42 without counting the future motor(s).

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
What about all the spare engines? Do they count?

100 if you don't count the spares. I get none from my electric lawn mower.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The cylinder rule you must have at least one cylinder (internal combustion) for every year of age you are. So how many of you can meet that rule?

I'm non-compliant - only 53 - 5 V8s (including 2 that aren't installed), a V6 outboard, and one each for: pressure washer, edger, weedeater, mower, leafblower, chain saw, and an RC plane engine. I keep telling my wife we need a couple more cars, but she's not buying it. I could get by with just one more that has a V12 though :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts