Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock upper control arms on my 67. I was considering a new pair from Hotchkis, Globalwest or Speedtech. Will they make a noticeable difference in handling? For 600 bucks, I hope so. :) I already have an AGR 14:1 steering box. That made a HUGE difference afterwards. I also researched the forum and it seems that you can't go wrong with any of those brands. The Speedtech was "only" 500 bucks. If I decide to buy a set, I will probably go with them if there is no difference in ride quality/durability between those 3 brands. I would love to save 100 bucks! Thanks, DeAngelo

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you search "tubular upper arms" there are 11 pages of threads, many discussing exactly what you're wanting to know. If you don't find the SC&C arms discussed in one of those threads, search "SC&C"; Savitske makes a nice UCA that is very adjustable and well regarded.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have stock upper control arms on my 67. I was considering a new pair from Hotchkis, Globalwest or Speedtech. Will they make a noticeable difference in handling? For 600 bucks, I hope so. :) I already have an AGR 14:1 steering box. That made a HUGE difference afterwards. I also researched the forum and it seems that you can't go wrong with any of those brands. The Speedtech was "only" 500 bucks. If I decide to buy a set, I will probably go with them if there is no difference in ride quality/durability between those 3 brands. I would love to save 100 bucks! Thanks, DeAngelo
Since you asked, our arms feature a tig welded, CNC machined spring cup with stackable shims, so you can actually fine tune ride height and get it pretty low while improving handling at the same time.

Also when you compare our arms side-by-side with any other arms and see the machine work, TIG welding and strength built into each arm you can see the quality there. Our parts are designed to work best as a system - Hotchkis arms with Hotchkis springs and sways work best.

Finally, when it comes to price, due to economies of scale, we are now manufacturing more F-body upper and lower a-arms, and we have lowered the list prices substantially. These are exactly the same super high quality a-arms we have always produced, just with a lower price.

Prices have been lowered for dealers as well, so call us or your local distributor.

All said, our parts are top quality, designed, tested and manufactured by one company as a system (unlike some of the cheaper setups) and they work really well - just this past weekend Mary Pozzi's 2nd gen was one of the fastest cars on the track and her car is leaf sprung with a crate motor battling some pretty high zoot stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts