Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - settle down! I am trying to figure out a reasonable expectation for a media blaster for my 67...? Not too thick of paint/bondo/rust and it is down to the body, subframe and rolling chassis

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey to get back on topic, i just had mine done not to long ago. same thing rolling chassis. i had my interior taped off to safe the headliner and dash. lets say that stuff gets everywhere. headliner is shot. besides that everytime i tap the car, the media stuff falls out. this guy i met at a car show told me his horror story about that stuff. it had collected down between the 1/4 and trunk drop offs. long story short trapped all the water and rotted his 1/4s out.
i guess what im trying to say is blow that crap out then blow that crap out again. its going to be everywhere.

·
Registered
827 Posts
that seems to be a fair price. i have media blasting equipment in eastern south dakota and would blast anybodys car who needs it. i admit the stuff gets everywhere. best to have car stripped as much as possible. interior, dash ect. i try to clean it out before they leave as it must be recycled. but you still may have residue to blow out for a while, not a problem if the car is a bare shell it sucks right out with a shop vac. i just finished blasting a 54 corvette it turned out great customer very satisfied.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.