Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a base model (X44) 69 coupe with a VIN of 12337, etc, no motor. The interior looks good, and the body is supposed to be in good shape with new quarters. But I have not taken the road trip to look at the car and determine. Its not an RS, and from the sound of it, its about as plain as you can get.

Assuming the original sheet metal is in good shape and any replacement (quarters) was done right, is there a 'general' $$$ that can be put on a 6-cylinder body ?

At the end of the day, I want to modify and put into a '69 body what I want to, so I don't really care what the car started out as, but I don't want to pay RS/SS prices for the body, either.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I think it would depend on what you are going to put in it. If the original rear is in it and tranny, they would be low performance ones. If you're going to put a high horse motor in it they would have to be replaced, so you need to factor that in. I'm not real good at value on this kind of thing , but I would guess $5k if it's in good shape? I think that would make a good copo clone.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The original trans seems to be a 2-speed auto, and I have no use for that. The original rear end is gone, but it was probably a 10-bolt anyway, and I would have no use for that anyway. It now has a 9" Ford under it, but its not a posi, so I probably have no use for it either. I do plan on high horses, so I was planning a full replacement of drive and probably suspension too.

But I think the asking price of 10k is a little too steep, as I doubt all of the body pieces are in near perfect condition.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts