Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out a ballpark figure on horsepower for a 454 I have, fourboltmain,forgedrods and crank, speedproforged piston-L2399,about 9-1 compression, bored 60 over(468) rectangle port, open chamber heads 118cc chamber,325ccIntake, 1.7 roller rockers, 286H magnum(556lift,236 duration) comp cam, edelbrock rpm manifold, 850 double pumper, msd everthing, hooker headers. any ideas, anybody else ran one? also thinking about putting it in a 70 nova or chevelle, mostly drag car, some street, any ideas on et's with slicks and 2800 stall, and 373's any responses are great, or if anyone knows any websites!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
should i post this in a different catagory, anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Great question, This probably should be posted in the engine& drivetrain section.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just an estimate from desktop dyno is 491 max horsepower, 508 max torque. In a Nova with 30x12 slicks, 2800 stall, and 3.73's drag 2000 shows you going [email protected] With 4.11 rear it shows [email protected] Don't know how acuarate these things are and I had to guess on a couple things to enter it in but it should be ballpark anyway.

[This message has been edited by matgo6 (edited 11-26-2001).]

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot!, i am wondering if you can put those size slicks? appreciate the time you took to look it up

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
cody, you should post this in the performance area, to get more responses. BTW if you have the Head flow numbers the Dyno is pretty close, and i'll run it for you on my DD2K is you have those numbers, if possible go to Smokemup.com and go to there compression ratio thing plug in your numbers and find your compression, which will also make it more accurate.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know the flow numbers? does anyone know what they are for the #6272990 heads.Thanks i know the cc s are 325 intake and 127 exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts