Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wondering if you could lend a hand here...

I have a stock (flat) 69 hood and orig front seats (need new covers) that a friend is interested in purchasing for his 69.

Problem is I'm not sure what a fair price is. I know the "get current price + shipping * .6" but these items aren't in the catalogs I have and I want to make sure we are both happy with the deal.

Here are some pics of the hood and seats: http://www.rmfracing.com/content/hood_seats.html

As I said, the seats need to be re-covered but the hood is in great shape.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best regards,
Rob

------------------
69 Frame-off in progress (pics)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$20 - $25???

MAN! Now I know why some of you have said you can't give em' away!!! I'll have to chat w/ my friend but I can't beilieve that hood is only worth $20!

How much does a 69 GoodMark cowl hood go for?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I saw a perfect flat hood at a swap meet a couple of weeks ago for $10.00. Saw it a couple of months ago at another meet, too. If you will give me $100.00, I'll buy it at the next meet.

How many guys put flat hoods on their cars? most are taking them off, in favor of cowl hoods, or SS hoods. Iknow, I know "most" Z/28s came with flat hoods, but.......

Watch ebay for prices, and subtract 20-25% ...guys (including me) pay more on ebay, because of the great parts availability.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I can understand that most people are ripping off their flat hoods, and putting on cowl hoods, but don't you think there may come a time when there is a shortage of GM flat hoods, because everyone is throwing them away?

Just a thought!!

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Spames - that's why my flat hood is in the attic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts