Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing rear axeles and used a slide hammer to remove old bearings and installed new bearings and seals went to install axle c-clips and noticed the mis alignment as I tried to reinstall the retaining pin....must have moved when I was removing the old bearings and knocking in the new ones.

Any help on getting these aligned without pulling everything out would be good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Should not be a problem if you haven't removed the spiders. Carefully insert axle and rotate side gear until holes in spiders line up with case again, insert other axle, insert c-clips, pull axles out to seat clips, wiggle in cross shaft, loctite & install pin bolt. Good luck!

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,783 Posts
Yes, easy fix, a second person would help a lot also.
As said above, just need to turn the gears slowly until lined up....and make sure the thrust washers don't come out....little harder to reinstall.

·
13,829 Posts
How did the old axles and bearing look?

·
13,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should not be a problem if you haven't removed the spiders. Carefully insert axle and rotate side gear until holes in spiders line up with case again, insert other axle, insert c-clips, pull axles out to seat clips, wiggle in cross shaft, loctite & install pin bolt. Good luck!
Ok when I rotate the side gear the whole unit turns the spider gears stay stationary...the whole thing moves as a whole....what am I missing here?

·
13,829 Posts
Stop one side

·
Super Moderator
32,340 Posts
Ensure the shim behind the gears is in place.
Otherwise, carrier will have a whole bunch of slop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts