Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
John - Not sure what your photo issues are. You are a yearly paid supporting member so you should be uploading your photos direct to the site, just make sure you photos are not ridiculously large. 640 x something is the usual standard these days - smaller for the mobile device crowd. When you use the attachment manager it tells you the maximum size by file type in the legend below the file browser. The system will tell you if the photo is too large if you use drag and drop as well. I like the old style attachment manager myself.

Let me know if you need assistance walking you through the steps to post a photo.

Brian

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, I have no problem uploading pictures. My problem is looking at other threads and if the pictures use photobucket, its says to enable third party hosting. I cant seem to view any pictures in the thread from other sources.

Thanks!

·
13,868 Posts
Photobucket change their policy in July and no longer allows third-party hosting and less you pay about $500 a year there for all of the photo bucket pictures posted on all forms or no longer visible

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
We and all the other websites in the world with archived content are looking at ways to have original posters of threads be able to move all their photos to another service or cloud storage that won't extort huge sums of money from its users to use image tags, then edit old threads to update the links. We are getting closer to having this ability here at TC but for the moment the photos are hostage of PhotoBucket. We have four members with how to threads and builds testing the code changes. Sounds like a simple process but once a thread goes cold it is a complicated database project to get the thing rolling.

Stay tuned to the update thread in the Camaro.net News forum. Camaros.net News - Team Camaro Tech

Reactions: Moonpie

·
13,868 Posts
The google chrome extension is still working for me to see photobucket images

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/chrome-extension-to-fix-photobucket-pictures-in-forums-1798719533

1 - 7 of 7 Posts