Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my original tank with a nice stainless one. Any ideas how to get rid of it besides throwing it in a dumpster? Kinda looking for the legal way of disposing of it.
thanks

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I am replacing my original tank with a nice stainless one. Any ideas how to get rid of it besides throwing it in a dumpster? Kinda looking for the legal way of disposing of it.
thanks

I set mine outside the garage door, and the scrappers came and took it. I don't know if they do that in Cali, but it is big business here.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Leave the sending unit out and cap off of it and it is just more scrap metal. Nothing hazardous about it.

I see you are in CA. If it is still in decent condition, there may be a few guys up this way interested in it, if you would be willing to ship it. Most of the original gas tanks up here fell out some years back...:eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's actually in very nice shape. I thought that the tank would be nasty inside but it looks pretty clean. The previous owner coated it with some kind of texturized paint on the outside but most of it is flaking off.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did anyone see that show that builds bikes that stuck the tank on the exhaust of a car to clear out the fumes? Something about the Co2 reacting with it? Wondering if it would work with this tank? I just took my old one to the scrap yard to recycle. I didn't want to leave it around beacuse it did smell of gas - made me nervous.

-Dan

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
If it's in good condition, you might be able to sell it. Some guys out there would like an original gas tank.

If you don't want to sell it and want it out of your way, any junkyard will take it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts