Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly in the process of putting my 67 rs back together and tomorrow I will be putting the wire harness back in. In another post tonight about grounding connections, a picture was posted with the block in the background (the one I'm referring to is where the + battery pigtail is connected to the harness). The wires appeared to be connected on top of the block. Is this correct? Can anyone post a pcture of how these connect, mine were not connected there before I took everything apart.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
Are you referring to the junction block next to the stock battery tray on the radiator support? A red wire from the horn relay crosses over the rad support and gets placed onto the terminal. The red battery pigtail goes onto this terminal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is the block I'm referring to. When you mention on the terminal, do you mean right over the top of it? By looking at the block, it looks like something should go behind it? How are the wires connected?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
There are some close-ups and a description of that junction block here. http://www.camaros.net/techref/electrical/What_it_is/junction_block.htm
Note that no one is making claim that the pics are exactly as original as far as the order the wires attach or the position they point. That post is more intended to be a functional guide rather than a resotation guide.

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
Yes, that is the block I'm referring to. When you mention on the terminal, do you mean right over the top of it? By looking at the block, it looks like something should go behind it? How are the wires connected?
There is no connection on the back side, all is on the one side as shown by the link JimM posted.

A hint, you might want to put a small square of paper gasket behind the junction block to isolate it from the rad support. Over time, several years, rust does build up in the enclosed area and you have a high resistance current leak, as GM did not isolate the terminal bolt head from the rad support.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys, thanks for the help, those pictures are exactly what I needed. Now back to the garage I go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts