Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just registered here after 3 days of "watching" cheby2's build (about 12 hrs reading), I am inspired to start on my 68 that I bought in 91. I cut lots of interior sheetmetal out as I was going to pro street it and replace it with alumimun. I also put new GM qtrs, tail, and whatever the panel under the back window is called. lol It has been sitting in a barn since then (ran outof money...seems like thats about the time i got married now that i think about it):) Its been so long that i dont remember how well the panels went together. I also need to put the floor pan, trunk pan, inner fenders, etc back...should i pull the new panels off first or try to work around them? i have the qtr to roof bondo'd in, but the rest of it would just be cutting the plug welds back out. (maybe take tail off and just pulll the qtrs out some???) anyway, im sure ill have more questions once i go actually look at the car/shell again. i have pic somewhere of where it is now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, i forgot till i saw the pic, i also have a gen 3 (drove it to where it sits now). i lost the keys and messed up the column, but have a new-to-me one to replace it with. i'll probably put that in and get it running again and sell it to finance the 68 build.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
gotta love a 68, nice project!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Welcome to Team CAMARO :thumbsup:

Can't ever do anything about the 'money' part of the projects - but, you'll find a wealth of information on here to help you spend it wisely :yes:

Wills Point - had to look that one up :eek:
Don't know the Dallas area well I quess ...

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
A wee bit of polish and you'll be having her look grand!:)

And a few parts. Good luck on your venture.

capt

·
Premium Member
1968 Z28
617 Posts
Howdy.....from rattlesnake junction!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey! welcome. i'm new too. can't wait to see what u make out of those pics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks to all for the warm welcome. i just got the car out of the barn and is now here at home. i will probably start a build thread with updates as work progresses.
martin

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Welcome from the East.........Looks like your 68 is a candidate for the full floor........The rear seat brace is a donor item....not sure if you can buy that repo or not....but Belair Bob is the man to talk to about the sheet metal according to many posts here on TC.....He is a supporting vendor and seems to be a really nice guy......

Good luck with the project and that big bug in the background needs to be squashed or maybe you can sell it off for the new metal.......... Keep us posted.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts